- I complained about being a mother (oooh, poor me!).
- Delaney may have bid farewell to The Nap (although she's cried no nap before so, God help me, I hope I'm wrong.).
- Waylon started giggling when I change his diaper. They do start that penis love early, don't they?
- A sweet bloggy friend sent me some cheer-you-up Sbux cash (Thank you, Karen, for knowing just what I need--caffeine and cranberry orange scones--even though you told me not to thank you and yes, you are crazy for suggesting I take both kids to Sbux but that's OK because I only target Sbux drive-thrus these days, thankyouverymuch, so your cool gift will still come in very handy.).
- We attended three playdates in two days and no one got hurt.
- And...Delaney finally started to chill the F out. Sure, it could be a fluke. Sure, I'm probably jinxing it by even mentioning it. Sure, I might go back to bitching about motherhood tomorrow. But since my rant on Monday she's really turned things around (even without naps!) and been a pleasant daughter, sister and playmate. I'm so proud of her. I'm not sure what to attribute the change to but kudos to the powers that be. Keep up the good work (I'll burn incense and squirrel fur later tonight for an offering).
Now, both kids are in bed. I just enjoyed a takeout sushi dinner with my husband while
forcing him to watch enjoying his company during game 1 of the Spurs/Hornets series and I'm drinking a dry, oak-y chardonnay. Not a bad way to kick off Super Chardonnay-istic Saturdays. Cheers! (and Go, Spurs, Go!)