Every so often I wonder if Delaney's outgrown her dairy allergy or sensitivity or whatever the heck it is that causes her to break out in hives if dairy products even touch her skin. Our ped said she'd hopefully outgrow this by age two (or maybe three or four).
Today while enjoying our afternoon snack of Veggie Booty for Delaney and string cheese and crackers for me, I gave her four small bites of my cheese. I watched avidly for the taletell signs of red blotches creeping across her face but for 15 whole minutes nothing happened. Then suddently the bumps began appearing. Dairy's still off the list. But I wonder if the fact that she had 15-hive-free minutes after ingesting the cheese means that her little body's getting more tolerant. Used to be that the hives would spring up immediately following the first bite. Who knows. Guess I'll still have to wait to share my New York Super Fudge Chunk with her. Poor baby.