As I mentioned a few days ago, Kelly O tagged me with the five things about me meme. She took the always-entertaining route of discussing five things about her life in bars. Seeing as how I'm teetotaling until New Year's (at least!) I've gone in a different direction. Here are five things about my pregnancy that you'll probably wish you never knew:
1. Food doesn't interest me. I know! It's one of the few times in my life when pigging out on all sorts of amazing food is almost mandatory. Not much appeals to me at all. Except for dinner number B-6 off the menu at my favorite Vietnamese place (rice noodles topped with grilled pork, vietnamese spring roll, and vegetables - I ate this on Friday night and Roger's picking it up again for dinner tonight. Yeah!) or anything with chocolate and sugar in it. This baby's swimming in fish sauce and sugar. That can't be a good thing.
2. Trying to suppress nearly uncontrollable gagging has become a sport. It was especially bad during my first trimester what with all of the nausea and barfing. But, the gagging is making a stealthy third trimester comeback, at least in the mornings. I know. I'm one lucky girl.
3. For all of my bravado about having a second C-section, I'm secretly terrified. My first C-section experience was no picnic. First of all, it was unexpected. Secondly, I could not breathe. Thirdly, I didn't enjoy having surgery performed on me while I WAS AWAKE. I keep telling myself that as long as I don't have a sinus infection this time, there's no way it could be any worse than what I've already been through. But, the panicky side of me is worried, especially after touring our hospital's brand-new L&D wing on Saturday during which I peeked into the operating room. Flashbacks of lying flat on my back and gasping for breath while strapped down to a tiny, narrow table and feeling someone tugging on my insides nearly caused my feet to buckle. Doing this again ain't going to be a mental, or physical, cakewalk.
4. I'm down to one pair of wearable pants. OK. That's not true. I think I can fit into two pair, but one of the pairs is dressy, black pants, not exactly the kind of thing that active mothers are wearing while they chase their two-year-olds around the zoo or playground. So, if you see me anytime in the next month or so, please ignore my well-worn, often-washed pregnancy jeans. I refuse to buy more maternity clothes this late in the game.
5. The sex dreams are returning. While I tended to have frequent sexy dreams throughout my pregnancy with Delaney I've only had a couple this entire pregnancy--until now. I've had three nights in a row of racy dreams that include such strange and occasionally creative content that I awake, quite frankly, astonished. But, I can't complain. Being awoken by a titillating sex dream is a hell of a lot better than by a stuffy nose, which is how I've been awakened in the middle of most nights recently. I mean, if I had to choose between the two, the answer is obvious.
I'm tagging all of my friends on my NaBloPoMo list (which can be found here). Show me what kind of "five things about you" meme theme you can come up with!